Sunday, July 3, 2011

Zürich, Schweiz

Last weekend I took three hour train ride into the German part of Switzerland to check out Switzerland's biggest city, Zurich. After a rather cramped train ride with what seemed like every enlisted soldier below 21 in the Suisse Army, I arrived at 10:30 am in Zurich Main Station. A quick tour around the downtown with a friend ended up with us perched high above the river looking toward the some of the old churches.




Later that evening, we made our way to Hinteregg, Switzerland which is about a 30 min tram ride from Zurich.



After a nice dinner at home with another friend we mad our way to a night club. This was my first experience in a european nightclub and it was definitely a bizarre experience, nothing like anything in the states. After arriving home at nearly the crack of dawn we slept in sunday, finally getting up and making our way to the lake around 10am. The lake was BEAUTIFUL, looking south the far off mountains towered over the lake. These mountains were absolutely enormous (still not over them yet...) And are snow capped rising well above the tree line. We rented a peddle boat for an hour and preceded to enjoy the afternoon on the lake.



I was then guided back to the train station for my 330pm train back to Genève. I was expecting the train to be packed beyond belief but I was able to get my own seat and get absorbed in a book for the 3 hour (beautifully scenic) ride.





Today, I'm off to Montreaux to check out the Montreaux Jazz Festival and a town situated directly between the lake and the impending mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment